Kelly Kuo, conductor
- Reinhard Keiser: Overture to Der lächerliche Prinz Jodelet
- Henry Purcell: Suite from Abdelazer, Z. 570
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Serenade No. 6 in D Major, K. 239, “Serenata Notturna”
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Ave verum corpus, K. 618, Misericordias Domini, K. 222, with University of Oregon School of Music and Dance Chamber Choir; Sharon Paul, director
- George Frideric Handel: Dance Suite from Almira
This year our popular winter tradition of candlelit performances in First Christian Church includes a selection of pieces by our namesake, including the moving Ave verum corpus performed with the internationally-acclaimed University of Oregon Chamber Choir. OMP’s assistant conductor, Nicholas Sharma, debuts with a suite from Purcell’s “Abdelazer,” which includes the melody that served as the basis for Britten’s well-known Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra. A lively dance suite from Handel’s opera Almira and the rousing overture to Reinhard Keiser’s comic opera The Ridiculous Prince Jodelet will send you into the holiday season with good spirits.